We are upgrading the Waitekauri Bridge at Waikino, the trains will not be operating from Monday 31 July and will remain closed through til the end of August 2017.
The reopening date will be in September to be notified.
The Waikino Station Café will be open 7 days per week as per normal.
We aim to keep this timetable updated and current at all times.
Every Weekend, School Holidays and Public Holidays:
(From 21 September 2016 to July 2017)
- Departs from WAIHI: 10am 11:45am 1:45pm
- Departs from WAIKINO: 11am 1:00pm 2:30pm
Please Note: For the Christmas school holidays, we will not be going onto full timetable until Boxing Day (26th December).
During the school term we run one train daily between Monday to Friday which is subject to viable numbers - please ring the station on 07 863 9020 to advise how many passengers plan to use the train.
Please note: There is a 4 passenger minimum for the one trip from Waihi at 11.45am.
- Departs from WAIHI: 11:45am
- Departs from WAIKINO: 1:00pm
Group Bookings of 20 or more are welcome to use our full timetable set up for Weekends, School Holidays and Public Holidays during the school term with prior arrangement - please ring the station on 07 863 9020 to enquire.
- Times are subject to change without notice.
- The trains between Waihi and Waikino take 30 minutes to cover the 6.5km journey.
- Tickets, souvenirs and light refreshments available at Waihi Station.
- Morning tea, lunch and refreshments available at Waikino Station.
- All enquiries please phone Waihi Station (07) 863 9020.
- Special bookings can be made for groups of 20 plus
Our train service operates mainly on voluntary staff.