We aim to keep this timetable updated and current at all times.
REDUCED TIMETABLE: 15 August to 20 September 2015
There will be only one train running daily seven days a week from 15th August to 20th September 2015. This will be the 11.45am departing from Waihi and the 1.00pm return departing from Waikino.
Groups of 10 or more are welcome to book the train if they require the full timetable on any day.
Every Weekend, School Holidays and Public Holidays:
- Departs from WAIHI: 10am 11:45am 1:45pm
- Departs from WAIKINO: 11am 1:00pm 2:30pm
During the school term we run one train daily between Monday to Friday which is subject to viable numbers - please ring the station on 07 863 9020 to advise how many passengers plan to use the train.
- Departs from WAIHI: 11:45am
- Departs from WAIKINO: 1:00pm
2015 School Term Dates
- Term 1: Mon 2 February to Thu 2 April
- Term 2: Mon 20 April to Fri 3 July
- Term 3: Mon 20 July to Fri 25 September
- Term 4: Mon 12 October to Wed 16 December
Group Bookings of 20 or more are welcome to use our full timetable set up for Weekends, School Holidays and Public Holidays during the school term with prior arrangement - please ring the station on 07 863 9020 to enquire.
- Times are subject to change without notice.
- The trains between Waihi and Waikino take 30 minutes to cover the 6.5km journey.
- Tickets, souvenirs and light refreshments available at Waihi Station.
- Morning tea, lunch and refreshments available at Waikino Station.
- All enquiries please phone Waihi Station (07) 863 9020.
- Special bookings can be made for groups of 20 plus
Our train service operates entirely on voluntary staff.
So the contractors working on the bridge can finish their work we will be closed on the 24th June 2015.