PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT CHANGES:
July School Holidays - 9 July to 24 July
Open 7 days full timetable during school holidays 9 July to 24 July.
Monday & Tuesday Closures (during school term)
until 21 September
Goldfields Railway will be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays during the school term from 25 July until 21 September 2016 (excluding public holidays) for routine maintenance.
Weekend Reduced Timetable - 25 July to 21 September
Our weekend service will be reducing (as we did last year) to:
- Saturday Waihi 11.45am, Waikino 1pm
- Sunday Waihi 11.45am, Waikino 1pm
We aim to keep this timetable updated and current at all times.
Every Weekend, School Holidays and Public Holidays:
(From 21 September 2016 to July 2017)
- Departs from WAIHI: 10am 11:45am 1:45pm
- Departs from WAIKINO: 11am 1:00pm 2:30pm
Please Note: For the Christmas school holidays, we will not be going onto full timetable until Boxing Day (26th December).
During the school term we run one train daily between Monday to Friday which is subject to viable numbers - please ring the station on 07 863 9020 to advise how many passengers plan to use the train.
Please note: There is a 4 passenger minimum for the one trip from Waihi at 11.45am.
- Departs from WAIHI: 11:45am
- Departs from WAIKINO: 1:00pm
Group Bookings of 20 or more are welcome to use our full timetable set up for Weekends, School Holidays and Public Holidays during the school term with prior arrangement - please ring the station on 07 863 9020 to enquire.
- Times are subject to change without notice.
- The trains between Waihi and Waikino take 30 minutes to cover the 6.5km journey.
- Tickets, souvenirs and light refreshments available at Waihi Station.
- Morning tea, lunch and refreshments available at Waikino Station.
- All enquiries please phone Waihi Station (07) 863 9020.
- Special bookings can be made for groups of 20 plus
Our train service operates mainly on voluntary staff.