PLEASE NOTE: Closed for one day on Tuesday 20th March 2018 for maintenance. We will be operating on Monday 19th and Wednesday 21st.
We aim to keep this timetable updated and current at all times.
Every Weekend, School Holidays and Public Holidays:
NEW: Summer timetable for 2017-2018
We are adding a 4th trip from Boxing Day through until 30th April 2018 during school holidays, Public Holidays and Weekends. Over this period the timetable will be:
|Departs from WAIHI:||10am||11:45am||1:45pm||3:30pm|
|Departs from WAIKINO:||11am||1pm||2:30pm||4:30pm|
Please Note: For the Christmas school holidays, we will not be going onto full timetable until Boxing Day (26th December).
During the school term we run one train daily between Monday to Friday which is subject to viable numbers - please ring the station on 07 863 9020 to advise how many passengers plan to use the train.
Please note: There is a 4 passenger minimum for the one trip from Waihi at 11.45am.
|Departs from WAIHI:||11:45am|
|Departs from WAIKINO:||1pm|
Group Bookings of 20 or more are welcome to use our full timetable set up for Weekends, School Holidays and Public Holidays during the school term with prior arrangement - please ring the station on 07 863 9020 to enquire.
- Times are subject to change without notice.
- The trains between Waihi and Waikino take 30 minutes to cover the 6.5km journey.
- Tickets, souvenirs and light refreshments available at Waihi Station.
- Morning tea, lunch and refreshments available at Waikino Station.
- All enquiries please phone Waihi Station (07) 863 9020.
- Special bookings can be made for groups of 20 plus
Our train service operates mainly on voluntary staff.