George Troup B Type
Built as the second railway station at Paeroa in 1925 the station was moved to its correct location at Waikino and restored by the Department of Conservation in 1990. Goldfields Railway leases the Waikino complex which contains the Waikino Station Café and information centre, a comprehensive historic display on the districts mining and pictorial information relating to the Karangahake walkway features.
View of Waihi yard showing group of motor trolley storage sheds.
View of Waihi complex showing ancillary buildings and railway houses built 1905.
Goldfields Railway's line between Waihi and Waikino features three historic New Zealand Railway Bridges.
Waitekauri River bridge
Wooden Howe truss.
Waitete Stream bridge
Wooden trestle support, steel girder stringers.
State Highway 2 Overbridge
Steel arched girder (ex west end of Karangahake Tunnel).