We are looking for reliable and competent people to work on a part-time basis selling tickets, answering customer enquiries face to face and by phone and e-mail, recording passenger and train data, and generally “minding the shop” when the railway is operating.
We have two roles available: one permanent part-time (2 or 3 days a week) and one fixed-term part-time (2 or 3 days a week). The hours in the day vary depending on the season and the railway timetable. We are a 7day a week operation, so you can expect to be working at least one weekend day each week, or working alternate weekends.
This is a straightforward role, but will be sole charge at times so you need the following to be successful:
- A friendly personality and a strong work ethic
- Great customer service skills
- Good English communication skills (any foreign language skills are an advantage)
- Confidence and the ability to think on your feet
- Commitment to working as part of a team to meet the fluctuating seasonal requirements of the operation.
Some lifting is required, and you’ll be on your feet most of the time. Previous experience in dealing with customers is preferred.
Goldfields Railway is an incorporated society run largely by volunteers. The Station Attendant is a paid role, but we can’t pay much. We can however provide interesting and enjoyable work with a community-minded organisation.
To apply, download the application form below. Sign and e-mail the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post or drop it in to Goldfields Railway, 38 Wrigley Street, Waihi 3610.